Monday, July 28, 2008

In Which Eric Forces Me to Update My Links

So in his latest act of mind-boggling hubris, Eric Walkingshaw has updated his website, not with any real content, but with a change of address. The new location? http://eric.walkingshaw.net

Ooh, bravo, sir. Well-played indeed. If only, in addition to changing your web address suddenly and forcing everyone to update their links (bastard), you provided us with an unsolicited list of reasons for this abrupt decision! Oh, what's that? You did? Well, sir, let's take a look:

1) With every at-bat that Jose Vidro steals from Jeff Clement I fear that I am closer to soiling OSU's good name with an obscenity laced tirade on this blog, previously hosted on OSU machinery.

Hmm. A noble gesture, I suppose, until one realizes that the "good name" of OSU has already been sullied by the likes of alumni Randy Conrads, who founded Classmates.com (thanks a lot for allowing my high school to continue to pester and mock me!), former Bachelorette Meredith Phillips (thanks for contributing to the downfall of society!), and screenwriter Mike Rich, who penned masterpieces like Radio and The Nativity Story...although I will give him a pass for Finding Forrester, since it gave us this beautiful line (at 1:25). So as much as you'd like to think otherwise, Eric, a profanity-laced tirade about Jose Vidro? That might actually be a boon for your educational institution.

2) There are some cool Blogger features that I couldn't use with the previous set up.

Yes, because Lord knows the world has been waiting for you to unleash some of those cool Blogger features on us. Many a citizen the world over is waiting with bated breath for this glorious day to come! I ask you this, Eric Walkingshaw, in half-seriousness: is there a feature that destroys undercover robot agents with the press of a button? Because I for one would use the shit out of that feature.

3) My new URL is my name.

Ah, and there is the crux of the matter. Well, kudos for honesty, sir. Even if it does mean I have to update my links. Do you realize how many mouse clicks that took me? Several, sir, several. I hope you're happy.





No comments: