Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top One Blog Posts This Week By Either Me Or My Robot-Loving Nemesis

1. This one!

That's right, this one. By default, really, because Eric, no doubt cowed by my superior 111 Top 1 Lists idea, has crawled into his aluminum-lined hidey hole to solder his wounds. What else could explain his absence? "Graduate school?" Pshaw! A retreat for society-fearing layabouts*, and nothing more!

And the beauty of it is, of course, that this post is meaningless! It contains almost no content. Its words are empty, its pauses barren, its punctuation unnecessary and often wrongly used? And yet, it is by far the better of the posts posted this week on either mine or Eric's blog, because Eric has failed his loyal readers once again.

Readers. Pfft. I scoff at such quaint notions as "readers." The beauty of no readership, dear sir Walkingshaw, is the perfection of silence. No caterwauls greet my disappearances and disappointments. Like the mythical tree falling in the proverbial forest, I am the sound of one hand clapping.

And so this post ends, as pointlessly as it began. So. Victory is mine!



*Not true, of course, and I look forward to the day when all people with advanced degrees will bestow upon me the currency of their hard-earned dough, because I will very likely be homeless.

No comments: